gr9 forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[REL] rnl_stannum_v2

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[REL] rnl_stannum_v2 Empty [REL] rnl_stannum_v2

Post by Snuffeldjuret Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:15 am

Alright, first public version finished Very Happy. Read all about it in the link bellow:

Official thread:
http://www.forum.resistanceandliberation.com/showthread.php?t=10613

Last edited by Snuffeldjuret on Fri May 28, 2010 7:54 am; edited 2 times in total
Snuffeldjuret
Snuffeldjuret
Janitor
Janitor

Back to top Go down

[REL] rnl_stannum_v2 Empty Re: [REL] rnl_stannum_v2

Post by Atkins Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:46 am

Hey Shuffel. How about a cellar with a door that can only be opened from outside? Like a switch to do this or something. You know, Joseph Fritz-kinda solution.
That would perhaps make that map suitable for prisoners (POW), cos this way you would not have to guard them.
Atkins
Atkins
Janitor
Janitor

Back to top Go down

Post by Snuffeldjuret Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:20 pm

Sounds like a cool idea Very Happy. Although I bet people would get trapped in there in pub Very Happy.
Snuffeldjuret
Snuffeldjuret
Janitor
Janitor

Back to top Go down

Post by Atkins Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:41 pm

Put a decal in the wall with a text saying that "Type 'kill' in console to free urself" Very Happy
A lockable room would make a map to stand out from others...
Atkins
Atkins
Janitor
Janitor

Back to top Go down

Post by Snuffeldjuret Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:45 pm

Yea I like the idea Very Happy. If there are warnign signs, it should be NP. Just gotta mek it look liek a prison or so Very Happy.

I bet it would be suitable in that big house at the end of the map
Snuffeldjuret
Snuffeldjuret
Janitor
Janitor

Back to top Go down

Post by Snuffeldjuret Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:26 pm

Two prison cells Very Happy
(opened by a button on the side (which was the only way I could make it work perfectly))
[REL] rnl_stannum_v2 2e4cc92

And an overview picture of the map on it's way to first release =).
[REL] rnl_stannum_v2 2h397ns

Last edited by Snuffeldjuret on Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Snuffeldjuret
Snuffeldjuret
Janitor
Janitor

Back to top Go down

Post by Atkins Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:28 pm

Cool. is it underground?
Atkins
Atkins
Janitor
Janitor

Back to top Go down

Post by Snuffeldjuret Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:44 pm

Yea in the cellar at the last obejctive, the big house at the last picture in the first post.
Snuffeldjuret
Snuffeldjuret
Janitor
Janitor

Back to top Go down

Post by Klifsnider Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:32 pm

Looking good so far... I guess you finally found a way to make a map that forces people to go around a lake Wink
Playtesting without trees seems lame tho Surprised

Klifsnider
Forum lvl 0
Forum lvl 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Snuffeldjuret Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:34 pm

Yea =).

Trees, bushes and hedges, and important hight differences. Gameplay stuff should be included in the first playtest. Doors+windows in houses, no chimneys Wink.
Snuffeldjuret
Snuffeldjuret
Janitor
Janitor

Back to top Go down

Post by Atkins Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:56 am

How about a ground level misty fog that the early morning/late night usually has?

http://www.interlopers.net/tutorials/7558
Atkins
Atkins
Janitor
Janitor

Back to top Go down

Post by Snuffeldjuret Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:03 pm

Hmm, looks cool. Could be something to try out. I suspect masturbate-worthy feeling around the pond/lake.

If not, that would be cool for Omahabeach, which really has (to me) a "cold and very early summer morning"
Snuffeldjuret
Snuffeldjuret
Janitor
Janitor

Back to top Go down

Post by Snuffeldjuret Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:18 pm

An updated overview picture. Really like how the "south-west" part of the map turned out Very Happy.

[REL] rnl_stannum_v2 Amco6u

And how it can look when making it into the minimap (Don't mind the objectives being on the side like that. I just haven't put them out yet Very Happy)

[REL] rnl_stannum_v2 2nqcwic
Snuffeldjuret
Snuffeldjuret
Janitor
Janitor

Back to top Go down

Post by Snuffeldjuret Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:33 pm

Some more progress ^^

[REL] rnl_stannum_v2 2qjhpow
Snuffeldjuret
Snuffeldjuret
Janitor
Janitor

Back to top Go down

Post by Snuffeldjuret Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:28 pm

Well not sure if it is stable or all those things, but here is something that might be playable: http://www.sendspace.com/file/6uwmfb

Everything seems to work when I am alone, but it would be cool to set up an larger private test Very Happy
Snuffeldjuret
Snuffeldjuret
Janitor
Janitor

Back to top Go down

Post by Atkins Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:45 am

How about u test also that invasion of ur brothers pc and making a dedicated server Smile
Atkins
Atkins
Janitor
Janitor

Back to top Go down

Post by Klifsnider Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:11 pm

How about we set a date for a testing session on a server?
If you hate Rs now you could always ask 6th or another clan...
I'm always free because i have very few 'life'

Klifsnider
Forum lvl 0
Forum lvl 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Snuffeldjuret Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:02 am

Yea, a date would be cool! Really try and get quite many players together. I was thinking like, 9.reg 6th AB and Rs + friends of those people or something.

I think we have a pretty good relasionship with Rs actually. I think the break up was pretty mutual, but not because we hate eachother but just have totally different ideas of how to enjoy RnL Very Happy.

This was obviously a goal when we left the clan, because Rs is one of the clans we really wants to play with when and if we get a team "big and devoted" enough Very Happy.
Snuffeldjuret
Snuffeldjuret
Janitor
Janitor

Back to top Go down

Post by Atkins Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:23 pm

Is there a way to make capzones non-recapturable in RnL?
That would be one way to make the gameplay different than in the other maps. Like a build-in Rs-style EAG gameplay.

Also think about the DH-style teleport-spawning. So that teams spawn in this special room where there are doors that have name-tags over them saying like "Pond House" or "Barn" etc... Although this kind of spawn system would be kinda unnecessary in this map cos it is so straight forward.
Check the beginning of this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7PlXVbDsJY
Atkins
Atkins
Janitor
Janitor

Back to top Go down

Post by Snuffeldjuret Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:46 pm

no prob at all to make them non-recapturable =).

tele-spawns like that would be cool. Could actually be a solution to the common problem when you dont spawn at the objective you want =).
Snuffeldjuret
Snuffeldjuret
Janitor
Janitor

Back to top Go down

Post by Atkins Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:45 am

I would recommend ditches beside roads. It just makes roads look much better. Sandbags would be nice too.
Atkins
Atkins
Janitor
Janitor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mjarr Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:41 pm

How about redesigning the map abit so it would be complete hedgerow hell where you can't see past 100ft without some bocage blocking your line of sight? Wink
Mjarr
Mjarr
Forum lvl 1
Forum lvl 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Shepuz Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:46 pm

Great work Mjarr, excellent work. Your first post and immediatelly you are criticizing his first map he has ever done.. :E eeexcellent.
Shepuz
Shepuz
ForumIdiot
ForumIdiot

Back to top Go down

Post by Mjarr Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:09 am

Shepuz wrote:Great work Mjarr, excellent work. Your first post and immediatelly you are criticizing his first map he has ever done.. :E eeexcellent.

Technically speaking it's not criticizing, rather giving a suggestion how the map could look bit more interesting by some rather unreasonable standards. It looks quite decent as it is, but it resembles your typical generic open turkey shootout and given the impression the preview gives, it looks like the size of a matchbox aswell.

Might be a matter of playing the map before you can really see does it work or not, but as noted - just from the look of it - it looks bit silly, and if we fall into the more realistic category a random farm with full of sandbags, dug in positions among other things sounds rather silly unless it's some sort of forward guard (or whatever it is called in english).
Mjarr
Mjarr
Forum lvl 1
Forum lvl 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Shepuz Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:43 am

Mjarr wrote:Might be a matter of playing the map before you can really see does it work or not, but as noted - just from the look of it - it looks bit silly, and if we fall into the more realistic category a random farm with full of sandbags, dug in positions among other things sounds rather silly unless it's some sort of forward guard (or whatever it is called in english).

Well of course it's a forward guard.. or it could be that either side (which ever spawn at the farm) was informed of possible enemies advancing to their position and had time to reinforce their defences against the incoming attacker.. that's a rather realistic explanation, don't you think? And the only REAL problem I see in the map is something I just don't like in general.. the time of day. It's dark as in santa clauses ass and I never seem to be able to see shit in maps like these in RnL.. and it annoyes the living hell out of me. But mapwise it's actually rather good as a first RnL map.. I couldn't do this shit, not in a million years. The best I came up with hammer while playing around for couple of days was a few trenches, hills, loads of trees and reinforced tank position. Great work snuffle, I look forward to getting my ass kicked in your map.
Shepuz
Shepuz
ForumIdiot
ForumIdiot

Back to top Go down

Post by Atkins Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:17 am

I though u were both just sarcastic Smile
Atkins
Atkins
Janitor
Janitor

Back to top Go down

Post by Snuffeldjuret Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:31 am

Maybe I'll reply better later, but I am not here to invest a lot of time in this map. This is the best I did in a short time. This map would be worth nothing in insurgency, but should provide some variety in the RnL scene. That is why I did it, not because I want people to masturbate playing it =).

I don't want to make the common custom map mistake. To huge. People will have to download and there will be less players playing it to begin with. Therefor and because it takes less time to make, it is smaller. Here it is, the time spent again Very Happy.

Let's not forget I didn't even know how to make tele-pole-ropes, water, blended textures or doors when I started making this map. Making this map was an adventure of hammer, not an adventure in 40's france and wwii =).

What to remember. The thing most important in mind for me was a system of objectives that works "perfectly". In fact, it is better than the official maps! This is why my map is good. This is what I also could accomplish with the time I wanted to spend.
Snuffeldjuret
Snuffeldjuret
Janitor
Janitor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mjarr Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:36 am

Snuffeldjuret wrote:What to remember. The thing most important in mind for me was a system of objectives that works "perfectly". In fact, it is better than the official maps! This is why my map is good. This is what I also could accomplish with the time I wanted to spend.

This explains some things abit more. Based on just overview it's hard to tell anything else than it's quite open, linear turkeyshot map that might be good once you actually play it.

Snuffeldjuret wrote:I don't want to make the common custom map mistake. To huge.

It's true that it is beter to go with KISS policy than blow things out of proportion, but once again - just by the look of the overview - it's hard to make any proper scaling and even if you can make rough stab at it, it still does resemble somewhat smallish map as the only proper ingame screenshots are when the map was barely anything more than random pieces. Small is not a bad thing given there's good design behind it, unfortunately most of the small maps I've seen in almost any game are more of CoD shoeboxes where you can throw grenades from one spawn to another Laughing

Snuffeldjuret wrote:not an adventure in 40's france and wwii =).

Oh don't get me started about that. Ask Shepuz if in doubt.
Mjarr
Mjarr
Forum lvl 1
Forum lvl 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Snuffeldjuret Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:34 pm

How would I be in doubt? I know where I found my inspiration etc ^^
Everything that is made on the map is made intentionally and there is a perfect reason for everything Very Happy.

Although I appreciate any feedback I get =).

I assume you have seen the screens from the official forums, but if you haven't here is a link! http://www.forum.resistanceandliberation.com/showthread.php?t=10613 (post 10)
Snuffeldjuret
Snuffeldjuret
Janitor
Janitor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mjarr Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:23 am

Snuffeldjuret wrote:I assume you have seen the screens from the official forums, but if you haven't here is a link! http://www.forum.resistanceandliberation.com/showthread.php?t=10613 (post 10)

I really don't hang around @ the official forums. I registered in last July and I've yet to recheive confirmation code\e-mail despite several PMs to mod developers and so on.
Mjarr
Mjarr
Forum lvl 1
Forum lvl 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum